This group seeks to explore and discuss questions, themes and topics involving spirituality, religion, divinity and theology. This is a great group for folks who were raised within Christianity or a different religion and are interested in exploring how it has impacted them and how they can engage in that religious traditions today. It's also a great group for people who were raised outside of a particular religious tradition and are interested in exploring how theology might or might not be helpful for them today.
This group meets through Zoom, a free online conferencing platform.
Each gathering will focus on a specific question or theme and will be facilitated by a Middle Circle community member. Examples of questions and themes can be found below.
- Does God exist? Is there a God or many Gods? What are different ways of trying to understand concepts of divinity?
- Sin & Atonement
- Creation & Evolution
- Science & Religion
- What is Scripture? Why? How do we read sacred texts today? What about modern literature?
- Theodicy: Why is there suffering?
- Prayer & Meditation
- Rituals & Sacraments
- Church & Other Places of Worship
- How Religion Affects Perspectives of Sex, Gender & Race
- Theology & Care of the Earth
- Ethics & Morals
- The Golden Rule vs The Platinum Rule
- The Nature of God?
- What is Religion? What is Spirituality? What is the difference?
- What if there was no religion?