Theology Night Online!
Join our trial theology night online facilitated by Rev. Anders Peterson. The focus of our conversation will be around our experiences with religion, spirituality and theology and how they are viewed and used in our local community, country and wider world. Participants are welcome to participate as much or as little as they’d like. We will be gathering through the online meeting platform zoom.us
About Zoom & Meeting Online
You can participate by computer, tablet or smartphone and will need to complete a quick download of the free Zoom app. It helps to use a device with a camera so we can see you, but you can also call-in by phone.
Time: Jul 23, 2017 5:00 PM Pacific Time
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/307636192
Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 307 636 192
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=ID8fD97JyqzCN3pgfxkPtrB6bcFy38PW
About the Group
This group seeks to explore and discuss questions, themes and topics involving spirituality, religion, divinity and theology. This is a great group for folks who were raised within Christianity or a different religion and are interested in exploring how it has impacted them and how they can engage in that religious traditions today. It's also a great group for people who were raised outside of a particular religious tradition and are interested in exploring how theology might or might not be helpful for them today.
This group meets through Zoom, a free online conferencing platform.
Each gathering will focus on a specific question or theme and will be facilitated by a Middle Circle community member. Examples of questions and themes can be found below.
- How does religion, spirituality and theology impact our lives?
- Does God exist? Is there a God or many Gods? What are different ways of trying to understand concepts of divinity?
- Sin & Atonement
- Creation & Evolution
- Science & Religion
- What is Scripture? Why? How do we read sacred texts today? What about modern literature?
- Theodicy: Why is there suffering?
- Prayer & Meditation
- Rituals & Sacraments
- Church & Other Places of Worship
- How Religion Affects Perspectives of Sex, Gender & Race
- Theology & Care of the Earth
- Ethics & Morals
- The Golden Rule vs The Platinum Rule
- The Nature of God?
- What is Religion? What is Spirituality? What is the difference?
- What if there was no religion?
Questions? Contact Theology Night coordinator