Middle Circle & SF Urban Adventure Club Invite you to Share Your Passion Night!
PLEASE RSVP BELOW
Everyone has a passion. Perhaps yours is underwater rugby, or knitting sock puppets, or Star Trek trivia. Whatever it is, you know a lot about something that few others know.
This is the event where you can share your passion with an engaged audience. Better yet, it will be done in the context of a drinking game so everyone can have fun, no matter what your presentation may be about.
Welcome to the Drink, Talk, and Learn party!
Here’s how to play:
1. Prepare a presentation with PowerPoint or PDF slides that is three minutes in length or less.
2. If you go over three minutes, you must finish your drink and then continue with your presentation. Every additional minute racks up more drinking penalties. Non-alcoholic drinks are okay.
3. Heckling is encouraged so long as it’s “witty and brief.”
4. You absolutely cannot have your slides on an automatic timer to make it last less than three minutes.
6. Three awards are given out (but more can be added): Best Presentation, Best Dressed and Closest to Three Minutes Without Going Over.
Come drink, talk, and learn!
Price: $5 (Please bring cash)
We will provide snacks, drinks, and limited beer and wine.
You are welcome to bring your own snacks and drinks as well
07:00 PM: Meet in the community room of St. Cyprian's church
07:00 - 07:30 PM: Submit your presentations to the organizer
07:45 PM: Presentations begin!
08:30 PM: 15 minute intermission
08:45 PM: Second set of presentations
09:30 PM: Award prizes
What to bring:
Presenters: A PowerPoint presentation (required) lasting no more than 3 minutes
Everyone else: Snacks and drinks for your consumption
Bus: 31, 43
Lyft: Promo for new users SFUAC
Uber: Promo for new users RGT19
There is plenty of street parking available
(Image credit: https://www.bustle.com/p/what-are-drink-talk-learn-parties-guests-are-giving-3-minute-presentations-to-each-other-in-the-most-awesome-way-7917688)