Middle circle community sits between your inner circle (family & close friends) and your outer circle (barista at your local coffee shop, the person you run into occasionally at the gym, or people you meet at a fun event). Middle Circles are intended to be communities that foster belonging, hold common connections, and a develop a shared identity.
Middle Circle is an emerging church-like community. Many of us identify as the spiritual but not religious type, some are spiritual and religious, and some of us might say we are neither spiritual nor religious. Our community is bonded through shared values rather than beliefs or dogma. We believe in kindness, honesty, love, service, compassion and building an inclusive community where we can be vulnerable and know that we will be accepted for who we are.
Middle Circle Values (Draft):
- Connecting people to each other - overcoming social barriers
- Connecting to each other deeply - fostering meaningful connections through authenticity
- Belonging to a community
- Inspiring fascination, curiosity, creativity, and engagement - stimulating fun with significance
- Encouraging open exploration and questioning everything
- Caring for others - Investing in making our community better - social good and service in areas of social justice, environmental care and sustainability, serving the under-served...what's your cause?
- Nurturing a safe space for everyone to have their own beliefs and be willing to hear others
- Listening for the needs - promoting a constructive approach to challenge - "okay, so what do we do about it?"
- Making meaning of our lives - creating and living a sincere, rich, purposeful existence
ALLIE 7.27.15 SUGGESTIONS:
- Update "Connect with Us" link on homepage so that it has links at the top of page
- Move "News" and "Donate" tabs under the "About" tab